Mili Institute of Higher Education’s library was established in 2012 just after the establishment of Mili Institute of Higher Education. This library has a great collection of medical, dental, political and law literature in the form of text books (physical) and digital (soft) and journals. The library is located in a wide, calm place, which is modern and will equipped with computers and internet.
This library has a collection of 8000 titles of various books which are regularly updated with the new editions of text books every year.
The library is providing books lending facility to 500 regular students, and to more than 100 faculties and providing research facilities to the professionals of the whole institute.
Features Of The Program
Mili Institute of Higher Education has a huge stock of journals comprising of leading International as well as National Journals. This library has many volumes of medical and dental journals with the monthly increase of different titles of medical journals, including International, National, Donations and WHO Medical literature.
The breakup of journals is given as:
Name of important National Journals:
GHAZANFAR MEDICAL JOURNAL (GMJ)
Afghan Medical Magazine (Kabul University Journal)
Name of important International Journals:
Journal of American College of Surgeons, American Journal of clinical Pathology, The Journal of American Association, Breast Cancer, The American Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, The American Journal of Surgery, The Journal of British Association, Lancet Oncology, Annals of Saudi Medicine, The Saudi Journal of Kidney diseases and transplantation, British Journal of Ophthalmology, Journal of Otolaryngology and Otology, British Heart Journal, American Journal of Cardiology, GUT, American Journal of Nutrition etc.
WHO Bulletin, IPCS series, WHO Drug information, International Digest of Health Legislation, WHO Statistics, WHO Annual Report, HIV Infant Feeding, etc.
Facilities available for students at main library
Student’s main library of Mili Institute of Higher Education provides the following facilities to its users:
- It issues text books to the regular students of the institute and the faculty members as per library policy.
- It purchases new editions of text and reference books of all major clinical subjects like Medicine, Surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Radiology etc and basic subject like Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Dental related, and Forensic Medicine. References for faculty of Political Science and Law as well as books for Nursing, and Midwifery according to the requirements and demands of students and faculty members.
- Books are technically processed and made available for issue.
- It provides internet facilities for the search of medical, dental and political science literature by/for the students.
- It arranges and maintains the record of available books through database systems.
- It provides study facilities to its students in study halls from 08 AM to 8 PM without break.
Internet facilities are available in both sections of the library i.e. faculty library and student library.